Taking a sojourn in lovely Phuket with your little ones in tow? Here’s a heads up on precautionary measures that you can undertake for your family trip:
- If you are travelling with young children, do pack plenty of their favourite toys, activities and books to keep them well-occupied during the flight and road trips on the island.
- Sun protection is essential for a child’s delicate skin, especially under the bright rays of the tropics. It is best to let your child stay under the shade between 10 A.M. to 4 P.M.
- If you are buying protective eye wear, check that they block out UVA and UVB radiation.
- Ensure that you drink sealed bottled water. When brushing your teeth, use bottled water to clean your toothbrush and rinse your mouth.
- Phuket has many pharmacies, either attached to hospitals or scattered throughout the community, and these pharmacies stock an impressive range of medications. By law, all pharmacies should be under the supervision of a qualified pharmacist, and the importation and manufacturing of medications is regulated by the Ministry of Health.
- Consult your family doctor about four to six weeks before your vacation to check on the types of vaccinations suitable for you and your family members. The following vaccinations are recommended by Phuket International Hospital: hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, tetanus-diphtheria booster (if required), measles booster (if required) and polio.
Address: Chalermprakiat Ror 9 Rd (Highway 402), next to Big C
Contact: +66 (0) 76-249 400
Ambulance Transportation: 076-210 935
If at any point you need to seek medical attention, Phuket International Hospital is your safest bet. Available 24 hours, this hospital specifically offers treatment catering to the needs of foreigners.
Address: 2/1 Hongyok utis Rd, Phuket City
Contact: +66 (0)7 625 4421
Quite possibly one of the most advanced and modern international hospitals in South East Asia, you are sure to be in safe hands. They can assist patients in many other languages, such as English, Tagalog, German and Swedish, ameliorating the problem of miscommunication due to language barriers.
Most of the embassies are located in Bangkok, but there are a few consulates within Phuket.
Take a look at our selection of luxury villas in Phuket here.